Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stormy weather

One thing I love about Summer/Fall in the south are the night storms.  I love being curled up in my bed and hearing the rain hit the house and see the flash of light outside my window followed by loud booming of the thunder.  I don't know why, but I feel so cozy and content.  Must be my Washington roots.  (However, Washington doesn't seem to get the crazy lightening and thunder.
Last night was one such stromy night.  I went to bed early due to one serious headache that I could not beat.  I woke up about midnight to bright flashes of light in my room...."ah just the storm" I though.  And happily turned over to go back to sleep.  Then all of a sudden there was a HUGE crashing sound.  I seriously thought a tree had fallen into my room.  I sat straight up in bed, wide eyed and realized there was no tree...thank goodness.  But somewhere extremely close by lightening had touched down.  Now this happens every so often but usually its just the one or two extremely loud ones.  Last night, though, they just kept coming.  I was kind of getting scared, but my headache finally won out and I fell back to sleep.  I was worried that I would hear about some house having caught fire in the neighborhood last night, but thankfully, none did.  And as far as I could tell, no trees were down this morning.  Guess it was an all talk and no action kind of storm.  Fine by me, but maybe tonight it could tone down the chatter.  I need a good nights rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment