Monday, September 28, 2009

Its Official

Well I kept saying that I was training for this half marathon, but as of last Friday I am officially signed up.  No turning back now.  Well I guess I could turn back but really I am not going to waste that $62.  Not unless I or a family member is on their death bed.  And even then....
I am kind of freaked out though.  I mean, I just finished week 2 of my real training and I thought I was going to die after 4 miles.  I really am not sure about 5 this weekend.  Or for that matter the entire 13.1 in 10 weeks.  AHHHH.  I have decided that my only real goal is to finish.  If I finish, I'll be happy.

On another official note:  the boy.  Its official.  Its over.  Done and done.  So done its not even worth writing the details.  Of course if you really want them, you can ask and I'll probably tell you.

And my last official note: I officially have my own space in our new lab!!!  A whole bench all to myself, and no more sharing a desk.  For those of you unscientific people (which may be everyone who reads this) having your own lab bench is pretty huge.  Ok, really its like a social status.  No lab bench = poor.  Sharing lab bench with other lab members = middle class.  Very own, very long, very workable lab bench = high roller.  Yep, I am officially a high roller.  Well, in terms of lab space, but no need to get technical.

1 comment: