Saturday, September 12, 2009

I did it!!

I finished my first ever race.  The Forrest Spence 5k!  (which benefits a great cause by the way, check it out)  I'm not a fast runner by any means.  More of a jogger actually.  And seeing as how this was my first race and I wasn't really sure what to expect my goal was to finish under 35 minutes.  And I did!!!  32:32 to be exact.  Yay me!!  My friend who is a girls cross country coach said that most beginning runners tend to come in around 36 minutes in their first 5ks.  He was quite impressed with my time.  Yay me (again)!!  I was so excited after the race I was running on adrenaline and had such a high.  Now however, I am ready to go to bed.  Probably should have gone to bed earlier than 1:00 am for my 8:00 race.  I got up at 6:30 to make sure that I woud be awake enough and to give myself time to eat a mini breakfast.  Me with only 5 1/2 hours of sleep, no good.  Now I am quite ready to crash.  First though I need to go let out and feed the dog I am watching.  Then sleep.  Then study.  Big exam on Monday.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment