Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Today I am a Surgeon

And exhausted and wet and headachy and stuffy.  Yes I am complaining.  This past weekend was so wonderful with my family in town and I had such a great time with them.  Then I hit a brick wall and I am still looking for a way around.  Apparently keeping up with a 6 year old is very exhausting.  We had a lot of fun though. 
She visited me in the lab and LOVED it.  As soon as I showed her how to handle the pipets and tubes, she was all about it.  She saved all the tubes she filled and referred to them all weekend as her "experiments for her research".  It was too cute.





She helped me get the turkey ready.  How many 6 year old girls do you know that willingly stick their hands into gooey stuff and then rub it all over a cold turkey?  She loved it.




We made homemade gingerbread for our gingerbread house.  The construction was a little iffy, and looked like it was about to fall over, but it was still standing this morning.



We went to Zoo Lights at the Memphis Zoo.  It was a lot of fun.  The weather was perfect for walking around outside.  We didn't get to see as many animals as we wanted though.



We went to the dog park and met one of my friends and his dog there.  She had a great time with the dog.  I keep telling my mom she needs a real dog, not some little fluffy thing.


It really was a great 5 days. 
But now its back to reality and I have 36 mice to operate on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment