Wednesday, December 16, 2009

As we approach the next decade...

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about things that have become obsolete in the last 10 years.  I thought it was pretty entertaining so I decided to share.  Some are more fun than others. You can read more here.

1. PDA.
  Palm Pilots are now Smart Phones
2. Email accounts you have to pay for (AOL)
  Thank you Gmail!!
3. Dial-up
  So don't miss that!
4. Getting film developed.
  We're so digital these days.
5. Movie rental stores.
  NETFLIX!!
6. Maps (as in the kind you fold and put in your glove box)
  Now we all have a GPS
7. Newspaper classifieds
 Thank you Craigslist
8. Land lines.
9. Long distance charges.
10. Public payphones.
11.VCRs
  I'm kind of sad about that one.  I have some VHS tapes that I miss watching.
12.  Fax Machines.
13. Phone books, dictionaries, encyclopedias.
  So much easier to look things up online.
14.  Calling 411.
  So true.  No one calls 411 anymore.
15. CDs
  Not sure I believe this one quite yet.  People still buy CDs.
16. Using floppy disks to back up your data.
  Flash drives are so much more convenient.
17. Getting bills in the mail.
18. Buttons.
 Think touch screen.
19. Losing touch and along with that boundries.
  Thank you facebook, myspace, twitter.....
20. Paper.
  Again, not sure I agree.  I use lots of paper every day.  I mean people still print stuff out all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment