Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Arise, Your Light Has Come

 We sang this song during our Lessons and Carols performance a couple weekends ago and I cannot seem to get it out of my head.  Its really good.  And I really enjoyed sing it.


Awake, my spirit, Awake lute and harp;
I will awake at the dawn of day.Arise,
I will confess You, O Lord among the nations.
I will raise a psalm to You, for Your love, is wide as the heavens,
And Your truth reaches to the skies!

Wake, awake, for night is flying,
The watchmen on the hieghts are crying;
Awake, Jerusalem at last.

Midnight hears the welcome voices,
And at the thrilling cry rejoices:
"Come forth you maidens! Night is past.

The bridegroom comes, awake; Your lamps with gladness take!"
Alleluia! Prepare yourselves to meet the Lord,
Whose light has stirred the waiting guard..

Now let all the heavens adore you,
And saints and angels sing before You.
The harps and cymbals all unite.

Of one pearl each shining portal,
Where, dwelling with the choir immortal
We gather around Your dazzling light.
No eye has seen nor ear has yet been trained to hear.
What joy is ours!
Crescendos rise; Your halls resound Hosannas blend in cosmic sound.

Arise, O Jerusalem! Arise clothed in light! Your light has come, and the glory of God upon your hearts will shine.
Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment