Thursday, December 10, 2009

O_O

That is me.  Trying to keep my eyes open at all costs.  I had my final exam yesterday (!!!) of the last class I officially have to take (!!!!!!).  I got about oh, 4 hours of sleep between Monday and Tuesday nights.  See not only was my exam Wednesday morning, but a paper that I have been working on with my mentor was due for submission by 5:00 yesterday as well.  So while I spent my entire days in the lab running around like a mad scientist, I had no choice but to spend my entire nights studying.  My plan was to go to bed early last night.  But then I decided that I just had to frost the sugar cookies I made Saturday and then I had to make the mint chocolate covered pretzels I've been wanting to make.  And then, stupid me, I started trying to fix the burnt out Christmas lights on my tree.  However after about 20 minutes of that, I gave up and went to bed.  And for most the night I slept like a baby, until I woke up freezing!  The temp outside dropped so low I am pretty sure I could see my breath when I breathed...In my bedroom!!  I put on an extra blanket and turned on my little heater but of course I couldn't get warm the rest of the night.  And to top it all off I had to get up early to be trained on how to use a machine I will need for new experiments I will be doing. 
Now I am sitting at my desk and trying my hardest not to fall asleep while typing.
Note to all of you who found good jobs without having to go to Grad School....I am jealous.

On a happy note, my choir performed our big Christmas concert this past weekend.  (the reason I was busy this weekend and didn't get a lot of studying done).  It was soooo magical.  I am so glad I got to be a part of it.  Here is a pic of our awesome choir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment