Monday, December 14, 2009

Duh

This past Saturday my roommate and I had a Holiday party at our place for our class.  Everyone brought a dish and we had a very nice dinner.  Then after dinner we exchanged White Elephant gifts.  My roommate wrapped up some pumpkins we had left over from Halloween.  I wrapped up some hideous lipsticks left over from all my Mary Kay stuff.  I was hoping one of the guys would pick it, but the Chinese girl of the group did instead.  It was still pretty funny.  I seemed to have lucked out.  While kind of ridiculous, my gift is actually pretty entertaining.  I ended up with DUH! The Stupid History of the Human Race.  Its a random compilation of the stupid things people have said and done throughout history.  As well as old customs and social traditions.  Here are a couple excertps from the book that I find particularily entertaining.

Vice President Dan Quayle: "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment.  It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
Um, Duh.

The post office printed a batch of international stamps in 1999 featuring a picture of the Grand Canyon and this message across the stamp: "Grand Canyon, Colorado."  The Grand Canyon is located in Arizona.

In Colonial America people thought they could cure stomach aches by placing big boots on their stomachs.

Turkish scientists conducted a study in 1981 to determine if disco music turned mice homosexual.  It does, they concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment