Sunday, January 10, 2010

A good book

Life here has been busy lately.  Of course I'm sure you could tell that from my lack of blog posts.  My mentor has a lot she wants to get done this year so it looks like my whole year will be pretty busy.  But I should come out if it with 3 new papers, possibly my own grant, and be well on my way writing my dissertation.  Of course it will only be a start with the dissertation, I'll still have a few years to go. 
I have had time, however, to do some reading at night.  I just finished a book called The Shack.  It was an amazing book.  As I was reading the other night, this little part really stuck out to me.  Its kind of beautiful.

"Thank you" was all he could say to Papa as once more a waterfall rolled down his cheeks as if from an endless reservoir.  "I hate this-this crying and blubbering like an idiot, all these tears," he moaned.
"Oh, child," spoke Papa tenderly.  "Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears.  They can be healing waters and a stream of joy.  Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak."

The whole book was actually quite beautiful.  Its one I will definitely read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment