Monday, August 10, 2009

Good bye 3 day Weekend

So I was blessed this past weekend to have an extra day off. My boss had to go out of town due to the death of her father and left me with nothing to do. So Friday I was generously given the day off. So wonderful! I spent most of the morning snoozing with my kitties. They are just so cuddly and soft. And their purring seems to be some sort of sedative for me. Then that afternoon my roommate and I ran a few errands and got a couple more things for the house. However, we are still in search for a pink/magenta bath mat. So if anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know! In the evening my friend Diana and I went to see Mama Mia at the Orpheum. The Orpheum is the Memphis equivalent to the Paramount in Seattle. Its the theatre where they show all the musicals and plays. But during the off season, the summer, they show a bunch of movies for really cheap. My friend had free tickets so we went. It was SO fun. I like the movie anyway but when a song would come on everyone would start singing. Especially the row of little girls sitting behind us. They couldn't have been older than 8 or 9 but they knew EVERY word to EVERY song. It was hystarical. Next week we are going to see Fried Green Tomatoes.
When I got home from the movie our neighbors had some friends over and they invited Dawn and I to play Clue with them. So random. Yet so fun. Who knew I liked Clue so much.
Saturday Dawn and I decided to try out the Memphis Farmers Market. Neither of us were really expecting much but to our surprise it was really cute! And I ended up getting some really yummy fruits and veggies. And of course I can't go to the market without getting some beautiful flowers! I was worried that the cats would try to eat them (they have an affinity for plants), but so far so good. Maybe it helped that I bought them their own special little pot of cat grass.
My favorite part of the weekend was Saturday night when I got to catch up with a friend I haven't seen in 3 months! Yes Bobby is back! Still cute (and still a great kisser!). Perfect Saturday night (/Sunday morning).
And rounding out my wonderful weekend was the True Blood marathon my friend Diana and I watched yesterday. I don't know why but I seem to have this strange obsession with vampires lately. Totally don't wish they were real don't get me wrong, but I do kind of wonder what the world would be like if they did exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment