Friday, April 9, 2010

Many the miles...

So I have come to the conclusion that I am terrible at keeping in touch with people.  I got an email from my best friend from high school and as I was writing her back I realized that while I love her deeply, I really have no idea what is going on in her life.  When was the last time I really talked to her?  Why was it so long ago? And she is only one of many people I feel this way about.  I do promise my intentions are good however.  I think about all of you  who are far away all the time.  I follow your blogs religiously and stalk you on facebook every chance I get.  And while I think about picking up the phone and calling or sending a quick email, I don't actually do it.  And I am the master at making excuses about it.  "Oh the time difference..." "Oh an email is too impersonal..." But when you get right down to it, I just suck at keeping in touch with people. I want to change.  I'm sure I've probably told myself I will many times before, but it obviously hasn't happened.  So what to do?  I guess all I can do is try, and hope that all of you know how much I really do love you and miss you and think about you and wonder what you are up to all time.  Consider this my electronic apology and bear hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment