Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful


But ice skating still sounds delightful!  Yes, Memphis is finally experiencing some winter weather.  This morning as I was laying in bed trying to convince myself to get up, I looked at the weather report on my phone.  The current weather reading at 7:45 was 15 degrees.  Not such a good motivating factor for getting out of bed.  However, I did.  Because the grad school is going ice skating tonight!  I can't remember the last time I went ice skating.  Hopefully I don't fall.  But if I do oh well!  It will be fun!  I love this time of year!!


On a different note, I just have to say that I was very impressed with the Memphis Ballet's production of The Nutcracker this past Friday.  After seeing the Oregon Ballet Theater perform it for many, many years I had very high expectations.  And little Memphis did a very nice job.  I think my favorite was the Arabian dancers.  The female was absolutely gorgeous.  I have no idea how she moved the way she did, but it was amazing.  And an obvious close second was the sugar plum fairy.  Simply beautiful!  Did I mention I was sitting pretty much center stage and like 5 rows back (Thank you Anna Pressler!).  I loved being able to actually watch the dancers feet.  Ah!  Loved it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment